CNN

Yum

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Marinara from The Pippi Narrative


Hello,
Today I bring you a special guest post. This one comes from a dear family member of mine :-) Her name is Brittanie. Shes a pretty awesome person. Anyhow, she makes some really good and very pretty dishes. So glad she offered to help me out here :-)
**************







Hi! I’m an inconsistent “everything" blogger at The Pippi Narrative  with the intent of doing better in the New Year! I love healthy food and serving my family clean, nutritious options. If you are looking for a new recipe for tonight’s dinner, check this out! Obviously, any time I can replace a high-carbohydrate pasta with a slightly leaner option, I’m in!  So Spaghetti Squash has been my Go-To for a few months now. I even “sneak” carrots into the sauce to add nutrition.

My hubs loves this and…so do I!
I used all organic ingredients, but that’s preference. This serves my husband and I comfortably and we usually have leftovers.



You will need:

1- Spaghetti Squash
 Approx. 1 lb. Ground Beef
1 -Jar of Pasta Sauce ( I used Trader Joe’s Organic Mushroom Sauce)
3 Carrots ( I do this for nutritional value)
Fresh Garlic
Fresh Basil-Chopped
Salt and Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper (Only for those of you who like it spicy:)
 Cut and clean the squash. Lightly spritz with oil  on both sides and place face down on a baking sheet for 45-60 min at 400 degrees.
Saute Ground Beef with fresh Garlic, Basil , Salt and Pepper.
Chop Carrots in a Food Processor until they are fine crumbles. Add to ground beef. Allow the mixture to saute or “marry” for a few minutes.
Add sauce to meat and carrot mixture.
Scoop Spaghetti Squash from shell
 Top with sauce and Enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment