CNN

Yum

Monday, December 29, 2014

Rocky Road Brownie Batter Dip- HUN WHATS FOR DINNER?

Hello Everyone
This recipe comes from my dear friend Cindy from Hun Whats for Dinner. Shes an awesome friend and blogging sister. EnjoY!


Hi everyone! I'm Cindy from Hun... What's for Dinner? I am a stay at home mom, to a 9 yr old boy and a 6 yr old girl; in Ontario Canada. I married a Chef many moons ago, thinking I'd be wined and dined every night; which totally turned out not to be the case. So I started cooking, which turned into blogging; as a way to keep track of recipes my husband liked and which he wasn't too fond of. 5 yrs later, I'm still blogging and loving every minute of it. Being in the kitchen centers me and relaxes me, so when I'm stressed or over whelmed, that's where you'll find me. I am honoured to be able to help Alyssa, with a guest post, while she is spending some time with her family.

Today I would like to share a super fun dip with you. This could be served as a snack, or as dessert. Which ever way it's served, I'm sure your kids will love it. And they will never know that it is made with healthy Greek yogurt!


Rocky Road Brownie Batter Dip

1 C vanilla Greek yogurt
1 1/2 Tbs cocoa powder
1 Tbs flour
1/4 C powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 Tbs milk, if too thick
1/4 C pecans, finely chopped
1/4 C vanilla marshmallow bits
red and green apple slices
sliced bananas
graham crackers

In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cocoa powder, flour and powdered sugar; until smooth. Whisk in vanilla and almond extract and 1 Tbs of milk, if the dip feels too stiff and thick. Fold in pecans and marshmallow bits and transfer to a pretty bowl. Serve with apple slices, banana slices and graham crackers. When in season, strawberries would also be good with this dip.

Notes: to prevent apples and banana from browning, submerge into a bowl containing 2 cups of water and 3 Tbs lemon juice; and let soak for a few minutes. Remove to a paper towel and pat dry before placing on serving platter.

1 comment:

  1. Pinned this recipe - and it won't get shuffled to the bottom of the list. This is a perfect idea for New Years!

    ReplyDelete