CNN

Yum

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Peppered Turkey Quesadilla


Good Afternoon Everyone,

Lunches are so hard for me, because I am just cooking for myself. I feed the kids at 11 before my oldest goes to school for the afternoon. So I'm always struggling to find stuff to eat. Well, I came across Sun dried tomatoes and fell in love with them. I came up with an easy spread for chicken subs awhile back, and decided to use that spread today. This is a quick easy lunch that you can make for yourself :-) Or even for your kids. 

The Spread 
Sun Dried Tomato Spread

4 Halves of Sun Dried Tomato halves(pat them down if you have the ones in oil)
5 Basil Leaves Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves
1/4 C Mayo

In a food processor mix your sun dried tomato halves, basil and garlic and mix till its all chopped and tiny. Then add your mayo. Mix on high till its all combined.  Set it aside in the fridge to chill. If you want to make a bigger batch just add more mayo, basil, garlic and tomato to taste.

Okay so set the spread aside. Now here is what you need for this quesadilla :-)

1 flour Tortilla
3 slices of your favorite turkey, ham etc this recipe I used peppered turkey. You can find it in your deli.
3 slices of your favorite cheese. I love Mozzarella but you can use White American.
Sun Dried Tomato Spread
Spinach leaves fresh(optional)

In a skillet put about half a Tablespoon of butter. Let it melt. Then lay your flour tortilla on it. Spread your tomato basil spread over half the quesadilla. Then lay your three slices of turkey or favorite deli meat. Then add your favorite cheese. Last add spinach if you want to. Fold it over. Cook until golden brown on each side. Cut and eat :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment