CNN

Yum

Friday, October 18, 2013

A thankful Heart is a Happy Heart- Giving Thanks Story Contest

Hello Everyone,
I am very excited to be working with Cooking Planit and many other bloggers again. This time we are bringing you a different type of contest.....This one I'm so excited about in a different way!! I mean the cookware was amazing and still is...But this contest is a chance at giving back...Giving back to those who may have helped you in the past. There are so many hidden hero's that get left unknown....Now is the time to share a story of someone that has helped you in the past or present. I absolutely love giving back....this time last year I actually met up with a group that did a food/clothing toy drive...It was a great experience. I also remember way back my parents always taught us to give back to others. I remember going to Chicago IL for a Girl Scout trip. On our time, we went to Wendy's. My mom and another mom saw this guy digging for food in the trash. My mom and another mom got together and bought him a meal. He was so appreciative. Also remember another time that I helped at homeless shelter....I was amazed at how polite and considerate everyone was...They had nothing but having people serve them a good hot meal, made them happy. In return it truly made me happy to help serve them. To have so little yet be so thankful is something I think many need.  Many times in my life I have had the opportunity to give back and enjoyed it. This is a chance for you to share your story of someone who has given back to the community....



This is for US only!!!

5 Winners will be chosen from all the entries based on how inspiring their story is and how they empower others through their efforts.

If you're inspiring person is chosen, they will receive a $250 gift card to help them celebrate Thanksgiving. And you will win $100, as our way of saying Thank You.  And the grand prize winnerwill win $1,000 for the Charity of their choice.

So warm up your pens, and warm up the hearts of all of us this Thanksgiving.

In 300 words or less:

•  Recognize an individual who is making the difference in the lives of others in your community;
•  Share how they donating their time, energy or love with a focus on helping others without necessarily thinking of
themselves
•  Give details on how they are working to improve lives of others

You may enter on Facebook(https://www.facebook.com/cookingplanit/app_474477662635277) or on the 
Cooking Planit Giving Thanks (http://blog.cookingplanit.com/thanksgiving-story-contest/) page. See the
entry page for all the contest details and rules.







1 comment: