CNN

Yum

Monday, May 12, 2014

Fruit Pizza from Tampa Cake Girl

Please welcome my friend Cydnee from Tampa Cake Girl!!! I met her in a group and they have all helped me. So please go check her page and blog out.
*****************


I  am Cydnee, owner and proprietor of Tampa Cake Girl. I bake cakes, pies, cupcakes and appetizers and deliver throughout the Tampa Bay Area. I am helping my friend Lysska out while she is recovering from surgery. Today I bring you a fun fruit cookie pizza. The kids can even help arrange the fruit on the pizza.

Ingredients:
1 package of sugar cookie dough (I used Pillsburys)
1 8 ounce block of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Fruit of your choice ( I used strawberries, kiwi, pineapple rings, blueberries, mandarin oranges and bananas)
Chocolate fudge ice cream topping for drizzle, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a pizza stone or cookie sheet, press out cookie dough. You want to leave about an inch of dough in the tube. Press out dough to look like a pizza crust.  This dough will spread as it bakes so leave some room for that. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. You can do this a day ahead. Your cookie crust needs to be completely cooled.

Mix cream cheese, vanilla and brown sugar together. Spread over cooled cookie.  Leave an edge around the pizza. Arrange fruit. If you are using bananas, make sure you dip them so they do not turn brown. I dip my bananas in Sprite. It really does not flavor them but it prevents browning. Slice with a pizza cutter like a pizza.  Serve immediately. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment