CNN

Yum

Monday, May 5, 2014

Blueberry Muffins from Cooking With Libby #Guest Post#


 Hello Everyone,
 I'm so excited to share with you this guest blogger. Her name is Libby and shes from Cooking with Libby. I have known her for a long time. Shes actually the one I came to when I wanted to learn about blogging and starting a page. She helped me out A LOT, and taught me a lot of what I know. We became friends after that and well the rest is history :-) Libby is a great friend and I'm so glad she is helping me out with a guest blog. These muffins sure do look amazing. I think when I get better I'll make them.
****************




Hello everyone!  My name is Libby, the author, cook, and photographer behind the blog, Cooking With Libby.  I'm a stay at home mom of 8 years to two wonderful children and a military wife of 13 years to my lovely Husband Man.  We are an Air Force family and are stationed over at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico.  My blog is a family friendly blog which focuses on making easy, delicious, and comforting food that your whole family will love ;)

I want to give a big THANK YOU to Lysska for asking me to do a guest post on her blog today.  My prayers and thoughts go out to her this week as she goes in for surgery.  Let me tell y'all something about Lyss and I.  We go wayyyyyy back.  Like 3 or 4 years back. We became friends through Facebook and it has been such a blessing!  Her whole family actually contributed guest posts on my blog all those years ago, with her mom and sister-in-law guest posting their favorite family recipes.  I love a family that is so tight knit and close like Lysska's, because that's where the heart of all these wonderful recipes come from ;) 

Mother's Day is coming up soon!  I'm not sure how everyone likes to spend their Mother's Day, but we celebrate ours with breakfast in bed.  The hubby and kids make me breakfast…then we all attempt to eat it in bed…even our family dog gets in on the act.  This tradition started the first year my daughter was born.  My hubby asked me what I wanted for this special day and I told him breakfast in bed.  I guess it stuck with him because my daughter is now 8 and he has been rounding the kids up every year to do this.  I love laying in bed and listening to all three of them goof around in the kitchen as they cook.  My heart swells with love when I hear that every year and I always feel like I'm the luckiest mama and wife on earth ;) 

I've decided to share our family's recipe for blueberry muffins today. Ladies, show this recipe to your hubby and kids.  Let them know you would like them to make these for breakfast along with some orange juice or coffee and maybe a nice bowl of fruit and oatmeal.  Yes..they are that good.  This recipe has been in our favorites file for years and we hope that it finds a home in yours as well ;) 
Please come visit me over at the blog: Cooking With Libby
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CookinWithLibby
My Pinterest Page:  @cooknwithlibby

Yummylicious Blueberry Muffins
(makes 6 big muffins)
Ingredients:
For the batter
1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract or lemon extract
1 cup fresh blueberries (not frozen, fresh)

For the topping:
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. butter at room temperature

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Thoroughly grease or line muffin tin.
2.  Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.  Stir until well mixed.
3.  Place vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla (or lemon) extract in a one cup measuring device.  Add enough of the milk until it reaches the top.  No stirring is necessary.
4.  Combine the oil mixture with the flour mixture.  Stir until combined, making sure to not over mix.
5.  Fold in the blueberries.
6.  Mix the ingredients for the topping in medium sized bowl.
7.  Sprinkle over muffins before baking.
8.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
**Libby's Notes:  Use left over topping to make 6 more muffins if needed.  Strawberries or chocolate chips can be substituted for blueberries.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll have to double the muffin recipe - they sound that good!

    ReplyDelete