CNN

Yum

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Homemade White Bread


Good Morning Everyone,
Today I'm bringing you an EASY homemade bread recipe. I know what your thinking...Homemade bread easy?! Yeah right! Well it is :-) I actually do all this in my kitchen aid mixer. No kneading by hand.  It tastes SOOOO good. It takes about 2 hours of your time.  I love making homemade bread it is so great. Just make sure you have good yeast. I personally use Red Star yeast as I have found it works so much better and has great results.

2 1/4 Tsp Yeast
1/2 C Warm water
(DO NOT USE HOT or it will KILL the yeast)
1 T Sugar
1 1/2 C Warm Water
1/3 C Olive Oil 
(You can use regular if you'd like)
5 C Flour
2 TSP Salt
3 T Sugar

In a bowl combine your half cup of warm water, yeast and your one tablespoon of sugar. Whisk it and let it sit for about 3 1/2 Minutes. Then add your 1 1/2 C water, oil, flour, salt and sugar. If your using a kitchen aid use your dough hook. Let it mix together till it forms a nice ball of dough. You do not want it to sticky...but not to dry. Once your dough is done, then take a bowl and oil it. Place your dough in the bowl and turn over in the oil so it kind of coats it. Set it on the back of your stove. I personally turn my stove on to 350 while it rises.  You'll let it rise for 30 minutes and covered. Once it has doubled in size, you'll punch it down. Then take it out and cut in half. Take a bread pan and spray it so it doesn't stick. Put each thing of dough and kind of mold it a little bit. Then put it in the loaf pan. Put both in the back of the stove and cover it with a towel or paper towel. It needs to rise for about 45 minutes. Take the towel off and put in the oven for about an hour. Once it is done take it out and let it sit for a few minutes. Then take it and put it upside down so the bread slides out. Sit it on a cooling rack and brush with butter.  Eat and Enjoy!

I served this bread with my
BBQ Chicken Cheddar Grilled Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment