CNN

Yum

Monday, December 2, 2013

Strawberry N Cream Cake with Tea Berries


Strawberry N Cream Cake with Tea Berries

I'm so excited when I got invited to work with 11 other bloggers....We are all doing the Twelve Cakes of December. Let me tell you there are some yummy looking cakes, and great bloggers behind those cakes. 


So as you'll notice in the title of this cake it say Tea Berries. Now, most of you or a lot of you will be wondering what the heck those are....They are American Winter Green berries..They use them to get the winter green extract. So that is what they are...I went in the woods to gather them from plants :-) No worries I washed them off :-)

I had originally planned on just doing the Strawberries N Cream Cake, but thought it was kind of to plain. So last night about midnight I decided to go gather tea berries to dress up the cake a bit. Who knew that Tea Berries and Strawberries...Plus whip cream go together??? This cake is awesome and tastes great....If you don't have access to tea berries don't worry...just skip them. 

Whip Cream

1 Container of Whipping Cream
3 T. Sugar
1 T. Vanilla

Whip till you can make peaks with it....Most of the time you don't want to do it to hard but actually you'll need to whip it a bit more then usual. Just so it gets stiff.  You'll be using this as the topping. Keep in the fridge till you need it. 

Strawberries
1/2 C. Diced Strawberries

Put them in the fridge till you need them as well. 

Cake:

1. C Butter
1 C. Sugar
4 Eggs
2 T. Warm Water
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Cinnamon
2. C Cake Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt

In a mixing bowl combine your room temp butter, and your sugar. Mix for about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time beating after each egg. Add your warm water, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix...Then add your cake flour, baking powder and salt. Beat for 15 minutes till it becomes shiny.  Grease two round cake pans. Split the batter between both pans. Preheat oven to 350. Put the cakes in the oven for about half hour but check it....When it becomes golden brown and stick a tooth pick in it. If it comes out clean it's done. Take them out and let them cool. Once they have cooled off you'll want to take them out of their pan. You'll need to make the cakes each into two cakes.  On a flat dish lay the bottom piece out very carefully. Spread whip cream on it and top with some of your diced strawberries. Keep doing this till you got to the top. Place the last cake piece VERY carefully on top. Take the rest of your whip cream and top the cake and around the sides with the whip cream. Which is WHY I said STIFF...:-) Once you have the cake all pretty and white then you can decorate the top with strawberries. Also top with the Tea Berries if you wish. Refrigerate till you wanna eat it :-)
December 1st - Libby  Lemony Thyme Chocolate Truffle Pirouette Cake
December 2nd - Lysska  Cooking from a SAHM -Strawberry N Cream Cake with Tea Berries
December 3rd  Nettie  Moore or Less Cooking
December 4th Lynne  365 Days of Baking & More
December 5th  Becca  Cooking with Chef Bec ~ It’s Yummi
December 6th  Lorinda  The Rowdy Baker
December 7th  Cindy  Hun…What’s for Dinner?
December 8th  Joan  Chocolate, Chocolate and more
December 9th  Abby Manila Spoon
December 10th  Karen  Baking in a Tornado
December 11th  Amy  Crumbs in my Mustachio
December 12th  Cydnee Tampa Cake Girl


10 comments:

  1. Not only is this cake beautiful, but I'm grateful that you introduced me to Tea Berries. Now I'm off to google where to get them in my area.

    So glad to have been involved in this group in you. It's been so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake is gorgeous Lysska and it puts me in the Christmas spirit. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting to read about "tea berries". I too am going to be looking for them. This cake looks so refreshing and the picture is so appealing. I can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cake flour? Is it regular flour?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that regular flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...It comes in a box usually and says Cake Flour. Silk Makes it and King Arthur Makes it.

      Delete
  6. Hi Lysska. Just wanted to stop by and say that every time I look at your cake it makes me smile. Your addition of the tea berries was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've followed you on fb for quite awhile. I'm glad that I've found and subscribed to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my CRAP! I completely forgot to stop by and tell you how lovely this cake is!
    At least I did it before the year ended, right? ;)

    I LOVE YOU, LYSSKA!

    ReplyDelete