CNN

Yum

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Candy Cane Fudge-Guest Post By Hun Whats for Dinner

Hello Everyone,
I want to Wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I'm taking this week off because I'm in Illinios with my family for Christmas. I wanted to make sure you all got some new recipes so I have gathered some people to help me out :-) Today the guest post is from Cindy aka Hun Whats for Dinner :-) She's become a good blogging friend of mine. I appreciate her helping us. Today shes bringing Candy Cane fudge!!
I hope you enjoy time spent with your Family!
-Lysska
Cooking From A SAHM
**************

Hi everyone, I'm Cindy from Hun... What's for Dinner? and I am so excited to be sharing a super easy, but gorgeous fudge recipe with you guys today. If you aren't familiar with me, or my blog, I'm a Stay at Home Mom of two, married to a Chef. My hubby doesn't really feel like cooking after being at work all day, so I'm the one in charge of meals in the house..... no pressure, LOL. I'm all about good food, that is simple and doesn't use a bunch of exotic ingredients. I'm also not opposed to opening a can, or package, if it's going to make my time in the kitchen easier. 

Today I'd like to share a fudge recipe I created last year around this time. I made it to add to my Christmas baking trays and everyone loved it. It is a very simple recipe, which is important, since I'm always so intimidated from those bakes, or cooked fudge recipes. I hope you enjoy!


Double Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge 

1 pkg. (6 squares) Baker's Semi Sweet Chocolate 
1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk, divided
1 pkg. (6 squares) Baker's White Chocolate
1/3 C candy cane Hershey Kisses, chopped
1/4 C crushed candy canes, plus some for garnish
Kelley green food colour gel from Wilton (or green food colouring) 
Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, with ends extending over sides. Microwave semi sweet chocolate and 2/3 cup milk in medium microwaveable bowl on medium power for 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min.; stir until completely melted. Add chopped Hershey Kisses and mix well. Spread onto bottom of prepared pan.
 
Microwave white chocolate, a touch of green food colouring and remaining condensed milk in separate microwaveable bowl on medium power for 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min.; stir until completely melted.

Stir in 1/4 C crushed candy cane pieces and spread over first chocolate layer. Sprinkle with additional crushed candy cane pieces, gently pressing them into the fudge and refrigerate 2 hours. Use paper handles to lift fudge from pan before cutting into pieces.


Thank you Lysska, for giving me the opportunity to share with your readers! I hope you are having a wonderful time with your family, this holiday season. 

Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Happy Hanukkah, Feliz Navidad!!

Cindy Jamieson

No comments:

Post a Comment