CNN

Yum

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Crock Pot and Blender Apple Sauce


Hello Everyone,
This weekend along with Pumpkin Carving we also went and took the kids to go apple picking. I've been wanting to make homemade apple sauce for awhile now....Finally decided to just do it :-) I got about 10 lbs of apples and made 4 quarts of apple sauce to freeze. Not a whole lot but it was expensive to get apples...I plan to find a place to get a cheaper batch. I'd like to have 10 quarts of applesauce for the winter etc. Now I knew that you had to cook them in the crock pot till they were soft but wasn't sure about much more then that. So I came up with this recipe :-) I also did not own a food processor. Wait I do but its tiny lol So I opted for the blender which worked perfect. Also note that I did not peel off the skins. Don't worry you won't be eating peels :-)

Here is a couple things you need to know: 
1. This recipe is for a crock pot full of apples. So it makes about 2 quarts of apple sauce at a time. 
2. Do not stuff it full of apples as you have to stir it. 

Crock Pot and Blender Apple Sauce

8-9 Apples chopped and cored (if it needs more just cut up more)
1 3/4 C Apple Cider
1 C. Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
Sprinkle of Nutmeg

Chop and core your apples till the crock pot is filled, but not stuffed. Then pour in your apple cider, pour in your cup of sugar. Stir it up. Then add cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir up....Then put the cover on your crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours till the apples are nice and soft. Make sure you stir about every hour. Take your blender and put as much apples as you can, and it the chop, then puree button. Blend it till it is smooth. Pour it into a bowl and let it cool down before bagging it. Once it has cooled down then you can fill up your quart freezer bags. Make sure you get the air out of the bag. Seal and put in the freezer laying flat.  I did 10 lbs of apples but did it in two separate batches. It made 4 quarts. Plus I put some in a jar for us to eat that day. This is super easy :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment