CNN

Yum

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Caramelized Onion Gravy



Good Evening Everyone :-)

Let me start off by saying I'm super picky about gravy.....I love the packet from McCormick that you just add water and stir. I pretty much despise "white gravy"...LOL It's just a thing I have....But I was intent on making my own gravy tonight.....So I made a Caramelized Onion Gravy using the broth and onions from the roast.

During the time that my roast was cooking I caramelized onions and poured them on top of the roast...So it'd give the broth a great flavor. I also added garlic...:-) This made a great broth and base of my gravy. Now, I always thought making homemade gravy was hard....But I needed/wanted to try it....And man it was easy...way easier then I thought :-)

2 C. Broth
2 T Flour

In a pan pour in your two cups of broth and then add your two Tablespoons of flour. Whisk it till it has thickened. Then that's it...It's ready to eat...Its as simple as that PROMISE :-) The onions, and such gave a great taste to this gravy :-) Go ahead try it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment