CNN

Yum

Monday, July 29, 2013

Chicken Nachos




Good Afternoon Everyone,
I'm back now from taking the week off to move. After a lot of sweat, bruises, tiredness and tears we are finally moved. Thank goodness. My house is mostly unpacked now as well. As most of you know that I won't be getting any gas for my oven/stove till Thursday. So in the meantime I gotta be creative so last night I came up with easy nachos. I used the microwave(saute the onions). Electric roaster oven(to toast the nachos and make the cheese melt), and crock pot to cook my chicken with taco seasoning. I have been excited to finally bring you a new recipe :-) So enjoy!

Chicken Nachos

*shredded crock pot chicken for nachos)
4 Chicken Breasts
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1/3 C Water

In the crock pot put in your chicken breasts. In a bowl mix your taco seasoning with the 1/3 C of water. Whisk. Pour on top of chicken. Cook on high till the chicken is done about 4 hours. Shred it and set aside.

Cooked and softened onions 
(Microwaved)
Slice your onions thin, put them in a bowl with 1 Tablespoon of butter diced. Add a sprinkle of sugar, and salt. Cook covered with a plate for 2 minutes or until softened. Set aside and let it cool down. Again you can do this on the top of the stove just fine, but I didn't have it available.

Assembling the Nachos:

Jar of salsa,
Sliced Jalapenos (optional)
Colby Jack cheese shredded
Tortilla chips

On a cookie sheet line it with aluminum foil. Cover it with chips, then add your shredded chicken, salsa, cheese, jalapenos. Bake till cheese is melted at 400. I did this in the Electric Roaster Oven and bake it. You can do the same thing with this but in the regular oven. This is just how I did it without one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment