CNN

Yum

Monday, January 7, 2013

Pesto and Parm Rolls

Good Evening Everyone

Awhile back a friend of mine sent me this recipe for Pesto and Parmesan rolls...I've been wanting to make them so tonight I finally got to. The original recipe is not one that I made, but I do have changes that need to be made to it. So I'm not taking credit for the idea, or the recipe.



Here is the recipe copied from a friend:

I make the dough from Martha Stewart Dinner Rolls there are changes to that recipe.
 I basically used Martha Stewart's dinner roll recipe for the dough (mainly because I noticed butter was an ingredient...and butter makes everything better) dough recipe! I only used 2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar and I also added a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
Once the dough is made and kneaded I let the dough rise in a warm place for about an hour to an hour and a half. I rolled out the dough into a large rectangular shape, about 1/4" thick. I used a store bought pesto and spread it all over the dough (leaving the edges untouched). Now comes the Parmesan: sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese over the pesto.
Form a roll with the dough and cut individual rolls with a sharp knife. Mine where about one inch thick. Place them on a greased baking sheet while leaving some space between them. Cover them and put them in a warm place to rise one more time (about an hour to double in size).
Once risen, whisk one egg, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and a teaspoon of granulated garlic and brush onto the tops of every roll. Take an additional 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the rolls. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.

Now here is what I did:
I went ahead with the dough, and the changes that they made. When I rolled it out, I didn't have enough pesto. Next time I will buy pesto at the store. I also think that it needs some more shredded Parmesan and garlic...However, this bread was amazing. So I hope you try it..

Enjoy!
Lysska

3 comments:

  1. looks so yummy! sounds like it would be good with some Italian food. What did you serve it with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I served it with steak tips....but it'd be awesome with any Italian :-)

      Delete
  2. by the way started following you will you follow me back? Google +

    ReplyDelete