CNN

Yum

Friday, November 9, 2012

Stepping out of Comfort Zone

Good Morning Everyone,
Usually I just post recipes, but I thought I'd talk about something else for a moment. Most of you know I will be volunteering for a Food Drive this month. Im not even sure how I volunteered but the next thing I know I am typing that I'll volunteer. What me???!!! I am usually quiet especially with strangers. If you know me, then I talk, but other then that Im quiet. So what am I doing volunteering, with a bunch of strangers?! Talk about stepping out of your comfort zone.

Growing up I've always had a huge heart for helping those less fortunate. I've helped with my youth group at Homeless shelters, my family was always buying food for those who were digging through trash. So its always been something huge with me.  It bothers me to see those who are starving, or do not have clothes to wear.  I stay at home with my kids 24-7 which I love, but you know there was something I wanted to add. So, now Im volunteering for a food drive. I go from total excitement to a ball of nerves, then so on. This is so out of my comfort zone, but something I've realized is that its good sometimes. I think we all get to comfortable, and its always good to step out of that. Especially if it is to help those less fortunate.  What I want to challenge you all is that you need to step out of your comfort zone. Try something new, different, and do something that challenges you as a person.

I challenge you all to donate clothes or food to a shelter that needs it, teach your children that helping others is important. So who is with me? Will you donate food to a shelter or food pantry? Volunteer somewhere????

Thank you all for listening!!
-Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Just brought a bunch of clothing to our church last night. Someone is heading into Staten Island to give the donations to people who have lost everything. I'll be praying that you feel comfortable as you step out of your comfort zone to help people! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, we get too comfortable with our busy lives. I am helping again with the community Thanksgiving Dinner, this is the 5th or 6th year, so it's getting comfortable, too. I do donate clothes, and help whenever & wherever I can.

    Your children will be so proud of their Mama for helping when it's uncomfortable, and it's something you'll remember forever & can share with them as they get older. I'm proud of you, too.

    Nadine Osborne

    ReplyDelete