CNN

Yum

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bruschetta Pasta Salad


Bruschetta Pasta Salad

I made this amazing pasta salad today :-) Yesterday as I was cleaning I came up with an idea for Bruschetta Pasta Salad :-) Now I think next time I would use the spiral pasta but I only had a little bit of that and elbow mac. So I combined them lol However I love this recipe :-) My 4 year old even loved it. Next time I plan to add chopped red onions and chopped garlic. But I was out of both.

Half a box or less of Pasta
2 Diced and seeded tomatoes
10 or so chopped Kalmatta Olives( I would add lots)
8 Chopped Basil Leaves
1//2 -1 C of Feta Cheese( depends how much you like it)
1/3 C of Olive oil 

Boil your pasta and strain it. Then cool it off. While its cooling off chop and seed your tomatoes. Chop your olives, basil. Once your pasta has cooled off add your chopped ingredients, feta and drizzle olive oil. Add salt and Pepper if you like, but with the olives I think you really do not need it. Mix it all up and cover it. Then put it in the fridge to chill for about half hour or so. ENJOY

This post is apart of Foodie Friday
and

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Light and fresh! Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back on Sunday to VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how simple this dish is. Thanks for sharing. And like Lois says, come back and vote on Sunday.
    Your co host from Nosh My Way,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened upon your page because on of my friend shared a recipe of yours. Then I saw this at the bottom of this page. It's a similar to a recipe I've been making for years and I just wanted to share in case you ever wanted a different type of pasta or veggie ingredient.

    I start out by heating water for my pasta and quickly chopping up my veggies so I can multitask once I start cooking. I dice several good sized red peppers, several because I love red peppers lol (or tomatoes if you aren't a fan of peppers). I also chop up fresh baby spinach.

    I toss in one box of Orzo once the water boils and while that's cooking I will start grilling/heating Tyson "Grilled & ready" chicken strips which only takes 5-7 mins (as many as you like, but I generally use at least half a bag). I have also used Perdu's Ready Cuts but they are more expensive and you generally need more than one package if you want to be able to eat this as a main dish. You could of course cook your own chicken strips but I find that the cost of Tyson's strips at Target is a great value, tastes great and saves you time. Win-Win!

    After the Orzo cools a little I drizzle either a balsamic reduction (which you can buy in the grocery, local butchers or on amazon haha) or a balsamic salad dressing for a zestier flavor on the pasta to keep it from sticking to itself. Then I toss in my chicken and veggies until it looks nice and colorful. Add more balsamic to taste and you're done! This make a lot of pasta for a summer BBQ, or dinner with leftovers for lunches.

    Love what you're doing here...keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete