CNN

Yum

Monday, August 27, 2012

Stove top, oven baked mac n cheese


J and I both grew up camping, and we love it. We were given a free tent and have only  went camping in our back yard, till this past weekend. We went to a camp ground, and had a blast. That's my daughter on a tire swing :-) They loved it and wanted to stay. As my oldest said " I wanna sleep here forever" :-) 

We finally got home last night and I needed to make something for supper. I decided upon Mac N Cheese. I only had one bag of cheese but this needed more.  So I constructed this recipe

Stove top Oven Baked Mac N Cheese

Half a Box of Elbow mac
2 Bags Shredded Cheese 
( I use a mac n cheese blend I find in my store)
4 TB of Flour
1 Tsp Salt 
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
3 Tbs Milk
Sprinkle of Italian Bread Crumbs

 In a bowl combine the flour and seasonings and set aside. Boil your macaroni, when its done then drain. Put half of it  in a sauce pan. Put half a bag of cheese in with the macaroni. Put in 2 Tbs of milk, and 2 Tablespoons of the flour mixture. Turn heat on low and cook till melted. Pour in a baking dish. Do the same with the second half of the macaroni. When that's done pour it into the baking dish. Spread a good amount of shredded cheese on top. Then top with a sprinkle of bread crumbs. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes till melted and bubbling. Then enjoy :-)

This post is apart of Foodie Friend Friday
Brought to you by:
and



1 comment:

  1. That does look YUMMY! And your daughter looks cute swinging that high! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! I love mac and cheese!

    ReplyDelete