CNN

Yum

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Not your average oatmeal cookie


Last week I had wanted to make oatmeal raisin cookies. So today after my oven got fixed, I decided to make them. However I didn't just want regular oatmeal cookies. I asked J if he minded if I messed with the cookie recipe. I was in the mood to experiment.

3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups rolled oats
1/4 C. Walnuts
1/4 C. chopped cranberries 
1/4 C chopped blueberries
1/4 C chocolate chips
1/4 C Raisins
Instead of the 1 Tsp of Vanilla I use 1 tsp of Coconut Extract


Directions
In large bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and Coconut extract until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in oats and raisins, blueberries, cranberries, chocolate chips,walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. 


These cookies are a must!!!! :-) Enjoy!!!
These cookies are apart of Foodie Friend Friday
and

3 comments:

  1. these look amazing. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and hope you will come back to vote on Sunday.

    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oatmeal cookies! These looks great. Love the different additions you included. Thanks for joining Foodie Friends Friday! Don't forget to come back and VOTE on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete