CNN

Yum

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Supper plans, and food rant

I get so aggravated at those who say " We can't afford to make good meals, so we buy a lot of processed food its cheaper"...Yes its cheaper, but why can't you take the money that your spending on the processed food, and actually purchase some good cheaper meals? I can spend 11 dollars for a big buy of boneless skinless chicken breasts, and make four meals out of it.  You can spend money on a whole chicken and make two meals out of it. Its really not that hard, and worth it when you know your making good meals for your family.. Most every night give or take a couple we have good home cooked meals. We are not rich far from it actually....But we choose to spend our money on fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, and making home cooked meals.  We do not eat Caviar, nor do we eat really expensive steaks. However we eat really good meals :-) I make meals stretch....If I make a roast, potatoes and carrots, then I'll also plan to make beef and noodles. That's two good meals for one week. Now those who say "I have no time to cook"...I say invest in a crock pot. You can run it while your at work, or running errands. Come home and you have a meal. There are tons of recipes for the crock pot :-) It just really aggravates me to hear people say that they can't afford to cook, or have no time..

Sitting at the table is a great family activity even if its just for a few minutes. Make priorities in your life, plan a couple extra minutes to prepare a great meal for your family :-) Also include your kids in helping you cook. Have them make a salad, or if they are older they can do more complicated tasks.

Now that I got that out, lets discuss supper tonight :-)

I'm making homemade sloppy Joe's from Pioneer Woman, Kaiser rolls and homemade strawberry shortcake :-) I'll post recipes tonight :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment