CNN

Yum

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sloppy Joes on made from scratch Kaiser Rolls, and strawberry shortcake


I grew up eating the Sloppy Joes in a can...when J and I got together his mom made it homemade. I have not yet made it homemade. So when I got my new Pioneer Woman cookbook, I was excited to find she had a recipe for it. So today I decided to make it. It was sooo good :-) Definetly a keeper :-) Here is the link to her site with the recipe for it. I didn't use tomato paste, or red pepper flakes.
Link:


We have been buying these sort of rolls from the store, but I have always wanted to make them. I thought it'd be perfect with sloppy Joes :-) The recipe says it makes 16 but it only really made 10. They make great sandwiches. This recipe is really a keeper.
Link


My dearest LOVES LOVES strawberry shortcake and we were given a giant box of them. So I had to use them before they went bad. My Aunt Becky gave me a recipe from her friend for the shortcake
Shortcake
1 1/3 cup flour
, 1 cup sugar
, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 
1/2 teaspoon salt. 
1/3 cup shortening
, 2/3 cup milk, separated
, 1 teaspoon vanilla,
 1 egg
. Add shortening, 1/3 cup milk, and vanilla to dry ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes. Add last 1/3 cup milk and egg, beat for another 2 minutes. Bake in an 8x8 square pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Strawberry Mixture
Chopped about 7 strawberries, sprinkled with sugar and chilled. 

Poured strawberries on top, put Whip cream on top. Served with Ice Cream :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment