CNN

Yum

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Food frustrations equals thankful for food

So I had made a menu plan last week but due to some bills that needed to be paid I only had a very small amount to use for groceries. I was really ticked off to say the least. Its hard raising a family on a small budget especially where we live....But in the end I just should be thankful that we have food to eat, and its not heavily processed.  That doesn't mean that Im not still frustrated in the fact that my normal grocery money was cut in half....cause its hard.

So just a change of the menu:

Instead of foot prints(which I will still share the recipe/story) we are having buffalo chicken wraps. Less ingrediants means cheaper.

Sloppy Joes with homemade Kaiser rolls with maybe roasted red potatoes/ or potato salad

Spaghetti which I like but it's generally our "broke and need cheap food" meal. So its kinda made me not like it so much.

In the end I will be thankful that I can still make us good food....and we go to bed with a full belly!

1 comment:

  1. I so understand your frustrations. I too am thankful for the food we do have.

    ReplyDelete