CNN

Yum

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fried Chicken

Growing up my moms fried chicken was the greatest thing. We always loved when we heard fried chicken, mashed potatoes/gravy, corn and stuff was for supper. And the best part of fried chicken is all the "Crispys". Even my 3 year old loves her Mamaws "Chicken and sticks" :-) I am now grown up and I can not seem to replicate my moms fried chicken no matter how hard I try. Im not sure why either....I swear she adds a secret ingrediant. AHA!  So I have come up with my own version of fried chicken using boneless skinless chicken breasts.

I toss them in flour with salt and pepper and fry untill they are done. They do not taste like my moms fried chicken though....Shes convinced she doesn't do anything special. LOL

This weeks menu has been all messed up. J has been off work since the Friday before Christmas. Our menu plan has gotten all messed up. We just kinda ate whenever. Now that hes back to work, Im hoping to get things back on track. This week I do not have a menu planned. I have become addicted to using Olive Oil in my food. I do not bake with it but I found a Garlic Knot recipe that uses sea salt and olive oil. My two favorite things right now. Here is what they looked like when they were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment