CNN

Yum

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Freezing Meat and spaghetti sauce.

So what I try to do when meat is on sale is buy in bulk and freeze the meat.  Our local store usually has big buy boneless skinless chicken breasts. So I tend to buy one of those and then a big buy of the hamburger.  When  I get home I seperate it into baggies. I usually put 2 chicken breasts in each baggy. As far as hamburger I just put enough for one meal in each bag. Then I freeze it. That way I have chicken and hamburger when I need it. I hate having to freeze a whole package when you do not need the whole package. I have saved us lots of money doing it this way.

Also you can freeze spaghetti sauce. Spaghetti sauce can be used for lots of different meals. So I make a meat sauce with hamburger, spices, ragu(yes I cheat) and diced tomatoes. I heat it up, then let it cool and bag it up. That way I have meat sauce for several different things. One year I made up about 7 packages of spaghetti sauce. That made us 7 different meals :-) I love being able to freeze food...:-)

Another tip my mom told me was to take the broth from your chicken or beef that you cooked and pour it in ice cube trays. Then freeze it. You'll have cubes of broth for different foods :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment