CNN

Yum

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Lemon Pepper and Garlic Rice



Good Morning! I know the blog has been pretty quiet lately. Life kind of went a bit crazy. My kids are in school now so that took a bit. Then I'm in an organization and we are having park clean ups. We also have a drive for food and clothing coming up. So things are pretty crazy. I'm trying to catch up. I wanted to do something different with rice...So I created Lemon Pepper and Garlic Rice.

Lemon Pepper and Garlic Rice

1 1/2 C Rice(NOT instant)
1 Onion Chopped
3 T Olive Oil
1 C Water
2 C Chicken Broth
1 T Lemon Pepper
1 T Garlic Powder
1/2 T Parsley
Salt to taste

In a deep skillet put your olive oil and heat it up...Add in your uncooked rice and onion. Cook till the rice turns golden and the onion is cooked. Pour in broth, water and seasonings. Stir. Turn on low and cover. Make sure you keep stirring. Keep it covered till the water has been absorbed. Stir and ENJOY! Salt to taste. I added garlic sea salt in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment