CNN

Yum

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Easy Chili


Confession: I love Wendys Chili :-) I know probably not the healthiest thing for me but I love it.  To be truthful I just love chili period. However I'm very picky on what kind of chili I eat. It needs to be the standard tomato one. I don't care for white chilis. Give me regular :-) That being said I passed on my love of chili to my 6 year old daughter.  She loves it and can taste it and tell me how much more cumin and chili powder it needs.  So I created this chili :-) Its good...you can add more spice to it if you wish but I just have a bit of heat so that my 6 year old can handle it.  I also make this in the crock pot :-) 

Chili
2-3 Lbs of Ground Beef
2 C Water
1 Can of Small Red Beans
32 oz Tomato Sauce
4 T Chili Powder
4 tsp Cumin
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper

In a skillet brown your hamburger and chop it into pea size pieces.  Drain out the oil. In a large sauce pan put in your tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, red beans(Drained), and 2 cups of water. Stir till combined. Add your ground beef. Heat till its hot. Serve with cheddar cheese and or tortilla strips.

Slow Cooker:
Add all ingredients to your slow cooker and heat on low for 6 hours or on high for 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment