CNN

Yum

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Garlic Parm Braided Bread


If you haven't figured out by now, I love making bread :-) I love watching yeast interact and bubble up :-) When I'm stressed I often make bread. It makes me feel good. Well today I created this Garlic Parm Bread. Oh man is this bread good. My girls said its really good, and hubby agreed. Plus its super easy.

Garlic Parm Breaded
1/2 C Warm Water
2 1/4 Tsp Yeast
1 T Sugar
1 1/2 C Warm Water
1/3 C Olive Oil
4 C. Flour
2 T Sugar
2 t Salt

Let it rise for an hour till doubled. Take it out and split the bread in half. Set the other half aside. This recipe makes two loaves.  Now take one half and seperate it into three pieces. Make them into ropes. Braid them. Put it in a buttered loaf pan. Let it rise for an hour till doubled. While its rising for the second time, you can make the garlic butter.
Garlic Butter Parm Mixture
1 Stick of semi melted butter
1 T Garlic Sea Salt
3 T Grated Parm
1 Tsp Parsley

Melt it, and add your seasonings. Next pour your mixture on top of your bread. Put it in the oven at 350  to bake for about an hour till the bread is done and golden. Take it out of the oven and let it sit for a few minutes. Then take it and dump it onto a cooling rack.

4 comments:

  1. does this really have a 2 cup water / 4 cup flour ratio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank for answering so quickly. I'm making this tonight. :) I was just worried the dough would be too sticky, but I'm sure it will be fine after it rises.

      Delete
    2. If it is to sticky just add a bit of flour when kneading it.

      Delete