CNN

Yum

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

BBQ Pork Ribs with Caramelized Vadallia Onions

*Disclaimer this photo isn't the best. But my fans wanted me to post it anyway. They taste so good, even though the picture isn't great.*

So for Christmas my hubby got me an Apple Green Cast Iron Enameled dutch oven. I love it and its so pretty. I wanted to cook something different in it. So when browsing the meat section at the store i settled on pork ribs. You can however use beef if you want.  I was so excited to cook with it. The ribs came out amazing but I couldn't get a good photo of them. As I said in the disclaimer, I wasn't going to post the picture but a majority of my fans requested I do so. 

BBQ Pork Ribs w/ caramelized onions in Dutch Oven
1 Bottle of Original BBQ Sauce
(any brand works)
2 T Yellow Mustard
1/2 C Maple Syrup
2 packages of ribs
(mine were separated but you can buy the rack if you want)
1 Vadallia Onion
1 T Sugar
Drizzle of Olive Oil

Slice up your vadallia onion. In your dutch oven add your drizzle of olive oil. Put in your onions and sugar. Cook down till caramelized. Next take your ribs and make sure to take off the silver skin stuff off. In a bowl mix your bbq sauce, maple and mustard. Pour it in the bag with the ribs and make sure its coated. Put the ribs in the oven at 250 for 2 1/2 hours. Once they come out down then take them out and ENJOY! Serve with the caramelized onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment