CNN

Yum

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Taco Casserole

Hello Everyone,
This is an unusual post but one that means a lot to me and it includes a recipe.  This post and recipe is dedicated to my brother John. He is my youngest brother and growing up we are a lot alike. We also have close birthdays. His is August 9th and Im the 8th. We use to say we were going to live right next to each other and Id make him grilled cheese and taco casserole. Taco Casserole is a casserole I found somewhere and changed it. For some reason I was the only person that can make it right. Its a favorite dish of his.

Fast forward to now and we are not living close.  He is married to an awesome woman. It just so happens that when I came home for his wedding I taught his wife how to make it. Of course because its his favorite.  It makes me sad that I rarely see him as he is in TX. I would give anything to make Taco Casserole for him again. One day I can but for now Im happy his wife can do it.

So this post is dedicated to my awesome brother John. Love you!



Taco Casserole

 *************
2 lbs of hamburger
1 can of hunts spaghetti sauce
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 large container of sour cream
1 bag of doritos or tortilla chips. Either way you like it. Doritos are good in it though. In a pinch you can use taco shells
At least 2 bags of cheese

Brown your two lbs of hamburger. After you have done that put it into a bowl. Pour in spaghetti sauce and taco seasoning. Mix it all together. Then set it aside. In a casserole dish, large one preferably.  Crush uour doritos and place a layer on the bottom. Top it with your hamburger mix. Then use sour cream and layer it. Top with cheese, the add chips. Continue with the layers till its done. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 till bubbly and cheese is melted.



No comments:

Post a Comment