CNN

Yum

Monday, February 24, 2014

Home fries



Good Morning Everyone,
I am not a fan of breakfast foods, but there is one breakfast food I enjoy! Okay well two :-) Home fries and bacon. Yesterday I decided to cook my family breakfast. The one time I had tried to make home fries the potatoes came out hard. So then I decided to try something different. Here is what I came up with :-)
Home Fries
6 Potatoes peeled and cubed into small cubes
1 Green Pepper diced
1 Onion Diced 
Seasonings
(I used Crazy Jane Garlic Seasoning. Although you can use salt, pepper and garlic if you want)

Okay when you have all your potatoes cubed and peeled set aside. In a pot boil water. Add your small cubed potatoes. Boil for ONLY 3 MINUTES! Do not boil any longer till mushy! While they are boiling you now need to chop your onion and peppers. Set aside and get your skillet out. Fill it with about 1/4 cup of oil and get it hot. Take your potatoes and drain them. Make sure the water is completely drained.  Add your potatoes, peppers and onions. Then add about a tsp of salt, pepper and garlic.  Cook until the potatoes get golden brown. If you want them crispier cook them a bit longer.  
Serve them with pancakes or just eat them by themselves. Never have hard potatoes again :-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment