CNN

Yum

Friday, January 3, 2014

Peanut Butter Pie


When we were in Illinois my mom gave me this pie plate. Isn't it beautiful? I love it and knew I couldn't wait to use it :-) So I made a Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie for a New Years Eve Party :-) I've been in a bit of a cooking funk lately, but the time in Illinois seemed to revive it. Plus I got several new cookbooks :-) I hope that you all are staying safe and warm if you are in the cold.  ENJOY!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Graham Cracker Crust

2 Packs of Graham Crackers Crushed
1/2 Stick of Butter melted

Put your crushed graham crackers in a bowl, and put in the butter. Mix till its all wet. Press it into your pie plate and bake for 10 minutes. 

Take it out and let it cool. 

Chocolate:
1 Package of dark chocolate melted

Put about a 1 C. of it on the bottom on top of the crust.
Save the rest for the top of the pie.
Filling:
1 Jar of Peanut Butter
2 packages of Cream Cheese Softened
1 C. Sour Cream
2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
2 Tsp Vanilla 

In a bowl cream your cream cheese and sour cream. Add your peanut butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix till well Incorporated. Pour on top of the crust and chocolate. Take the rest of your melted chocolate and put it in a small baggy. Cut the corner and drizzle all over the pie. Let it chill and sit in the fridge for awhile. 

Whip Cream
1 Carton of Whipping Cream
1/2 Sugar
2 Tsp Vanilla

Whip till it turns into whip cream....Let it chill in the fridge. Serve on top of the peanut butter pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment