CNN

Yum

Monday, September 23, 2013

Chicken and Veggie Dinner with Cream Sauce


Good Morning Everyone,

This past weekend was really busy....Friday night we took the kids to the zoo, and we had our weekly pizza night...Saturday we took my oldest to go see Wizard of Oz 3D...It was so amazing :-) Then we had to grab some food, and go grocery shopping. Sunday we went to a birthday party for cousins...So when it came up for supper last night I needed to make something with chicken. So I came up with this comforting dish, that my whole family LOVED :-) It's pretty easy :-) I used what I had available :-) I made this meal in three parts.

1. Potatoes

I cut up about 4 potatoes into chunks and put it to boil on the stove. While the potatoes were boiling I started on the chicken. Once the potatoes are done, drain it and  set it aside


2. Chicken breasts cut up....I used a package of Chicken strips but you can use whatever you have.
1 T. Adobo(I know some do not like this but I love it with chicken)
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1. tsp Cracked Pepper

In a skillet I cooked this till it was almost done. Then I added 2 T. of butter. Finished cooking it. I put it on a plate and let it rest.  Then I started on the onion.

3. Then I chopped up a whole onion and added it to the skillet and cooked it down.  When they are done I also set those aside....I actually just put them on top of the potatoes. Then I got the veggies out.

4.  1 Package of frozen Green beans
      1. Package of Frozen Corn
 Put it in a bowl and set it aside by the potatoes... Then I started on the cream sauce.

5. Cream Sauce
1/3 C.. of Butter
1/3 C. Flour
1 Can of Chicken Broth
2/3 C. Milk
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1 Tsp Celery Seed

In the same skillet that you did onions, and chicken put in your 1/3. C of butter. and let it melt. Once it's melted add your flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Mix till the flour has soaked up in the butter. Turn down the heat, and add  your chicken broth, and milk. Whisk till combined....keep stirring till it has thickened. It will take a few minutes.  Be careful not to burn it. Once it has thickened set it aside.

6. 1 Small chopped green pepper

Green Beans
Corn
Potatoes
Onions
Peppers
Chicken
In a a pot combine your veggies, potatoes, chicken, onions, and peppers. Cook till it is heated through. Once it's heated through you put it on a plate and pour on some cream sauce. Then enjoy!! My 5 year old ate three plates on it...and my 3 year old ate 2 plates. This is a great recipe :-)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment