CNN

Yum

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Honey Lime Chipolte Chicken w/ Chipolte Tortilla Chips and zucchini fries


Good Morning!
I was apart of a Secret Ingredient Swap....We sent our secret person a local product. Well, my buddy was Kristin from The-Food-Geek-Diary :-) She sent me local honey...unfiltered. I opened it and smelled it and it smelled AMAZING. I couldn't wait to use it...:-) So I came up with this honey lime chipolte chicken w/ chipolte chips and made Zucchini Fries

Zucchini fries are from my dear friend Mon:-) I couldn't wait to make them. Here is the recipe for them :-) Zucchini fries They are soooo good...you should make them :-)

Marinade:
1 C. Honey
1/4 C. Lime Juice
5 T Chipolte Seasoning
(I found some in the spice section of the store...So just use your favorite.) 

Whisk it up....Taste it and you can see what you might need more of. Slice your chicken and put it in the bag. Zip it up and let it marinate for 2-3 hours. Then you can grill it. If it still needs more chipolte then you can add more while cooking. 

While the chicken is cooking, you can start by cooking your Zucchini fries...Recipe listed above. 

Then the last thing you wanna do is make the Tortilla Chips. Now this is easy. Take flour tortillas and cut them into triangles. Deep fry them for a few minutes. Take out and lay on paper towel. Sprinkle with Chipolte Seasoning. 

I served this with diced cucumbers, tomatoes and basil...with some lime juice. I put it in the chicken but don't recommend it. Takes away to much flavor of the chicken. However it's great with chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment