CNN

Yum

Friday, March 29, 2013

Pancetta Mac N Cheese


A month or so ago I was looking at our deli area in the store, and came across Pancetta. I asked a group of my Best foodie friends and after about a month of debating on if i wanted to use it I did. I purchased it this weekend, and decided to make Pancetta Mac N Cheese. Now, I've not been very successful at Mac N Cheese homemade. However this one tops the cake. I think it was personally amazing. The Pancetta added a nice flavor to it and it was lighter then bacon. You all must really try this recipe :-) Now on to the recipe :-)

1 package of Pancetta
1 Onion chopped
1T of White Wine
1 T. Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 block Monterey Jack cheese diced
1 block of Velveeta Cheese diced
1/2 C Half and Half
1/2 C. Milk
1 Box of Spiral Noodles
3 T. Butter

Cook your pancetta and chop it up into pieces then set aside. Dice up your onions really small. Put onions in the pan with some olive oil. Cook until it starts browning. Put wine in it then throw your cooked Pancetta in it. Heat it up and then take it off the heat. Boil water and put your noodles in it. Halfway through the cooking you'll need to start your cheese sauce. Grab a pan and met your butter in it. Put in your flour and whisk it till its all combined.  Add your milk and half and half. Heat it till it starts to thicken.  Add cheese and whisk till its all melted.  Add your pancetta and onion mixture. Stir it up. Then pour it into your drained noodles. Stir till all combined. Eat and Enjoy.    

6 comments:

  1. Looks good Lys! LOVE me some Velveeta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I
    provide credit and sources back to your website?
    My blog is in the very same niche as yours and my
    users would really benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this alright with you. Cheers!

    My blog :: Cooking Simple Vegetables

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please email me at CookingFromASAHM@gmail.com with all your information and what you want to quote. Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. Looks like the best comfort food Lysska!! Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made so many variations of mac and cheese...but never with pancetta! Great idea:)

    ReplyDelete