CNN

Yum

Monday, January 21, 2013

Fresh Ground Flour

So when I got this awesome Cuisinart Mini Prep food processor, I learned that you can do flour in it. I was excited as my mom has ground her own flour for years. So, I kepti t in the back of my head that I could do flour. Well this past weekend my dearest and I had a date day. We went to this Natural food store, and she had buckets of grains(rice wheat etc) I was thrilled. Prices were 1.25 a lb for the Soft Pastry Wheat, and 1.35 for the Hard Red Winter wheat. I got a lb of each. I decided I would make my own flour or try it. So today thats what I did or I did part of it.

Today I ground 4 cups of flour......with nothing fancy but my mini prep food processor.  If you have a food processor you can do it it as well.. I just did the blunt side, for 60 seconds x3. Store it in the freezer. I will see what I can make out of this. Tomorrow I'm grinding the red winter wheat.

1/2 Cup of whole Wheat berries = 3/4 C of ground flour



No comments:

Post a Comment