CNN

Yum

Monday, April 16, 2012

2 Meals out of One, plus tonight's supper

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Money is tight around here, so I am always trying to find ways to stretch meals.  When I went to the grocery store I discovered that a whole Chicken is 99 cents a lbs. That's cheap for around here. I can usually make 2 meals out of one. So I'll make a whole chicken dinner one day, then the next I use the shredded chicken for the next meal.. I love that I can stretch the meals :-) I also do the same thing with roast in the crock pot.  I use the leftover roast to make beef and noodles.

Tonight for supper we are having Roast Beef sandwiches w/ onions and peppers on a Onion Roll, and sauteed summer squash and zucchini.

The sandwiches are easy. We buy Italian Roast beef from the deli, sauteed peppers and onions, serve on an Onion Roll.

Sauteed Summer squash and Zucchini: I put butter in a frying pan, add onions,salt,pepper, summer squash and zucchini. Cook till its done. Its so good.



No comments:

Post a Comment