CNN

Yum

Monday, February 13, 2012

Supper and other things

Tonight Im trying a new recipe. Its homemade Beef stroganoff....its something I've always wanted to make..I generally just buy the Hamburger Helper stroganoff but wanted something a bit more homemade. LOL So I found an easy recipe from The Country cook on facebook.. Easy is good when it comes to making food sometimes. There are evenings where it is very chaotic here....and an easy recipe makes it much better.  Im also making butter dipped biscuits (which is also from The Country cook) and pineapple upside down cake. Sounds like a tastey dinner to me :-)

In other words I now have a Cooking blog on Facebook :-) I am excited about how it will turn out. I cook every day so I why not make a hobby out of it?! :-)

I want to give a big thanks to my friend Crissy who made my logo for me :-)  I look forward to many more cooking posts :-)

Recipe is found here :-)
*************************
Pineapple Upside down cake
1 1/3 c. Gold Medal flour
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. shortening
2/3 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat 2 minutes. Add 1 egg. Beat 2 minutes more. Melt 1/3 cup butter in heavy 10 inch skillet or 9 inch square pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed) evenly over butter. Arrange drained (No. 2 can) crushed pineapple. Make cake batter and pour over fruit. Bake at 350°F until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Loosen edges of cake with a butter knife. Immediately turn upside down on serving dish. Leave pan over cake to sit for few minutes before removing. Brown sugar mixture will run down over cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment