CNN

Yum

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cheeseburger soup in a bread bowl


I made cheeseburger soup in a bread bowl last night. The bread I did NOT make...I got it at a local Portugese Bakery...Im sure at some point I'll probably attempt making my own. But in all honesty probably won't eat bread bowls very often. Especially when winter is almost over...(YEAH You hear that winter... SCRAM Lol)
The Cheeseburger soup was pretty good but VERY rich. Next time I am thinking of adding broccolli and making it less thick....and less rich. I'll be only using half the velveeta it calls for. Im thinking thats whats making it so rich.

The Bread bowls I cut a whole on the top and took just enough bread out in the middle for soup. Then I baked the bread in the oven for a few minutes. Then I poured the soup in, topped with bacon and a little bit of cheddar cheese. Like I said it was a good recipe...just needs a few changes I think :-) I almost always never stick to the recipe the second time :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment