CNN

Yum

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Last nights supper Raviolis

So my Raviolis turned out a success last night. I didn't boil them though...I deep fried them. I loved them way better then most raviolis. For the dough I used this recipe :


  • 3 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 a teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • ¼ cup (50ml / 3½ tablespoons) olive oil
  • ½ cup (120 ml / 8 tablespoons) water
  • Extra flour on hand for “dusting”
Make fresh ravioli dough.
  • Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat them with a fork. Add water, oil, and salt. Mix together.
  • Add 1 cup of flour to the bowl. Use a fork to mix the flour with the eggs, water, oil, and salt. Repeat with the rest of the flour. Mix until a smooth dough is formed.
  • Clear and clean off a large work surface and dust it with flour. This is where you are going to roll out your dough.
  • Take the dough out of the mixing bowl and place it on your work surface. Ball up the dough and knead for at least 10 minutes or until it becomes elastic.
  • Dust a rolling pin with flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll out dough until it is about 1/8 inch (1/3 cm) thick, or about the thickness of 2 stacked quarters.
  • Turn a water glass upside-down and “cookie cut” out circles in the dough (will make about 15-20 dough circles).
  • Ball up the unused dough and either repeat or place in plastic wrap and put in the freezer for another time (dough can keep for about a week or so in the freezer).

For the Filling I used :

Filling:
1 lb ground chicken
3/4 cup assorted cheeses (I used sharp cheddar and Parmesan)(I used a lil bit of ricotta and some italian blend cheese you can find at the store)
2 Tbsp finely diced onion
3 Tbsp melted butter
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
white pepper, to taste
1 jar (16 oz) marinara or alfredo sauce

I put a lil filling int othe raviolis and then closed them up with a fork. I then stuck them in hot oil...till they were a golden brown. Then I patted them and put them in marinara sauce. It was sooo good. Its a pain in the rear but awesome results :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment